Friday, September 23, 2005

A message from Crowley, LA

Those of you have been reading our blog daily are familiar with Forest Park Church of Christ in Crowley, LA (www.forestparkchurch.org) which has been instrumental in helping the displaced evacuees of Hurricane Katrina. Though untouched by Katrina themselves they feed hundreds of evacuees and given out supplies to untold numbers of victims. Above is a map of all the locations they have sent help to as they coordinated efforts in two states.
Now they themselves are in danger from Hurricane Rita. Please be in prayer for their safety. I am praying that Rita will downgrade and totally dissipate. Please join me in that prayer. Below is a letter from Michelle Corder the preacher’s wife. Take a few minutes and hold them up in prayer.

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I will not be sending e-mails until after Hurricane Rita passes. I don't know how many of you are following the news but we are supposed to be on the west side of where it hits, which is the worst side, and they are predicting it to be a level 4 in our area. I'm not sure if we will be evacuating out of the town but we are for sure leaving our home as it is a trailer house and is also in a high risk flooding area.

Jason and I might go to the church and wait it out there. We might also be able to stay in the Bell South storm shelter if they have room for us. A couple of members in the church work there so they are checking into it for us. I might head north to stay with family but have not decided yet. Jason will more than likely stay here. Right now I'm going to pack up things that cannot be replaced and pack up clothes to take. At least I know how to kind of prepare for it after helping all theevacueesees from the last hurricane.

The only thing I'm truly worried about is my piano because we don't have insurance on any of our belongings and it would be hard to replace. I just keep telling myself it's only a material object and even if I can't get one as nice I'll someday have another piano.

To all of you who may be wondering what we're doing with the supplies we haven't dispersed yet, especially from the truck we received yesterday. We have everything stored in the fellowship hall and have closed until after the storm.

All of the volunteers wanted to get home and get things packed up. Some of them live in the areas that are being mandatory evacuated. As soon as this storm is over and I am able I will send an e-mail to let ya'll know how we all fared.

God Bless,
Michelle Corder
(Jason's wife/secretary)