Thursday, February 08, 2007

Give Thanks...

Tony Dungy Takes Time To Thank God After The Superbowl

I don't know a lot about Tony Dungy's personal beliefs. I just know what I see on the field during games and hear during his interviews. He could totally be a false teacher for all I know. But from what I have seen I have been impressed. He is my favorite football coach of all time replacing Tom Landry.

The quotes I have read are pretty good. It is nice to see someone give glory to God in front of the largest TV audience of the year and one of the top ten TV audiences in human history.


It's nice to see someone who's character not only shines when he wins the super bowl but when he lost in the playoffs last year after losing his son in a prescription drug overdose.


Most teams would celebrate with champaign and a drunken party after winning the super bowl. But as the above picture shows that the Indianapolis Colts elected to set the World Championship Super Bowl trophy down to the side on a table and bow on their knees and thank God for the blessings he gave them. It sure looks like his priorities are right to me.

See what Tony Dungy Said about the Character of his teams players. Click here. The Pacers coach couldn't say that.

See what Coach Lovie Smith of the Chicago Bears has to say by clicking here.