Saturday, May 12, 2007

Seize the Mothersday!

I was remembering back to the fourth grade when my grandmother passed away. I remember her telling me shortly before she died that Jesus loved me. She knew her time was short due to her cancer and what she said to me that day would stay with me forever.... So she said to remember that Jesus loved me.

Of all that was important to her to leave with me, that was what she chose. What do you want to leave with those you love? You never know when tragedy will steal someone away from you. You never know when your words will be your last. What will you leave in the hearts of those dear to you? Will it be joy, gratitude and love?

For many, our parents are not spring chickens anymore. What do you want your mother to leave this world feeling? Does she know you love her? Does she know you care? Does she know how thankful you are for all she did to give you life and help you grow? Does she know? Has she been thanked?

Psalms 89:47 says, "Remember how fleeting is my life." and Psalms 144:4 says, "Man is like a breath; his days are like a fleeting shadow." You do not have forever to tell your mom how much she means to you. Take this day to share you love with her.

Proverbs 31:30-31 "Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate."

Take time this Mothers day to say thank you. Priase her in the city gates. Tell others how much she means to you. Don't let this moment pass you by without loving on your mom. Don't you want her to feel loved?

For more on Mothersday go to one of the links below

Listen to your mother

A Good Mom Is Like A Tree Planted By A River

Dedicate One To The Ladies