Thursday, June 14, 2007

Wish things were more simple? They can be!

I have read and been encouraged by the book Simple Church.

Obviously due to my non-denominational beliefs I don't agree with every little thing in this book but over all it gives a compelling case for returning to the simplicity of New Testament methods.

If you are like me and believe the book of Acts is a how-to guide to imitate and not a mere historical account to ignore as you do your own thing, then this book will truly speak to you.

I for one am tired of playing church and never fulfilling the mission Christ gave us. I am tired of outdated programs that never really worked in the first place. I am tired of the latest gimmicks that always fall flat. I am tired of inward-focused church programming that never wins souls or matures saints. Modern church tradition is way too much to do right and with no real point. I want to go back to simple Christianity. Click on the pic.